Monday, September 24, 2012

Emmy Congratulations


Although I was not able to watch the Emmy's last night with a show of my own to attend and an episode of "Copper" to catch, I was happy to hear of Damien Lewis' win.  As you know, my cable offerings are limited, and so I have never seen "Homeland," but I have heard great things about it.  I have been a fan of Mr. Lewis since the "Forsyte Saga" ran on PBS 5 years ago in which he played the despicable Soames Forsyte.  In the final episode of the second series, his performance with co-star Gina McKee caused me to slow clap through the final credits.  Considering I was watching the series alone, obviously I was moved.  And the scene involved no shirtlessness at all.  In any case, I'm happy to see his continued success playing hard to like characters and thank him for his good shirtlessness in "Band of Brothers," pictured above.

As for my show, the shirtlessness was a hit!  One audience member who even knew it was coming blushed upon being confronted with a shirtless torso up close and personal.  The crowd went nuts for as the shirt came off, and I truly have my actors and director to thank for such a fun show.  I find that I am constantly questioning my choice of the theatrical lifestyle due to the craziness that often ensues (and not the good kind), but presenting this show really did renew my commitment to a life in the theater.  The process was just what theater should be - fun, filled with laughter, and a little bit provocative.  And of course, featuring some great shirtlessness accompanied by that tried and true accessory, water.  I wanted to post a photo from the show, but alas, my excitement at seeing my own work realized caused my hand to shake and ruin all the shots.  I am good at creating shirtlessness; I am not so good at documenting it.  I guess I need to work on that.

So until then, I continue to be...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: