Friday, December 7, 2012

Making a Shirtless Indie Movie



A few weeks ago, I went to see a movie called "Gayby" with one of my dearest friends.  It was an independent movie made in New York about a straight woman and her gay best friend having a child together.  The gay best friend took off hist shirt a lot.  This movie seemed like exactly my cup of tea.  But besides the heartwarming gay-straight friendship storyline and the frequent shirtlessness, I was really impressed that this movie was made almost entirely through the fundraising efforts of the creative team through Fractured Atlas and Kickstarter.  In a world where everything seems to get done only by large corporations including art and entertainment, the fact that I could see a movie in a commercial movie theater (albeit an art house) that was truly made by the blood, sweat, and tears of artists inspired me.  So to Matthew Wilkas and the cast of "Gayby,"  I offer you a true IMS salute!  Thank you for producing good shirtlessness the old-fashioned way!

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: