Friday, April 11, 2008

4 Minutes of Shirtlessness

A friend of mine recently sent me a link to a YouTube video of the new single that Madonna released with Justin Timberlake called "4 Minutes." I downloaded the song on iTunes and have been listening to it obsessively. It's a hot song. Here's the thing, IMS members, in the video, Madonna is writhing around in a bustier showing off her rockin' bod, and JT is, well, not shirtless. He is wearing not one but two t-shirts. What is this about? Despite listening to this song 200 times in the past 24 hours, I still cannot figure out what this song is about exactly, but generally, I feel it is about sex. 4 minute sex does not sound exciting to me, but listen to the song, and you too might get excited about it. In any case, I feel that a hot new single about some kind of sex by Madonna and Justin Timberlake requires some shirtlessness. I asked a fellow dancer about this today, and he said he thought that perhaps JT was not in as good shape as Madonna. Okay, Madonna looks amazing. But Justin Timberlake, you are under 30 and live in California. You also ripped Janet Jackson's nipple cover off a few years ago. Take off your shirt.

Check out the video and see for yourself - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfUjfioAnKY

And for the shameless plug section of this blog, may I say that I am performing on Monday in a benefit for the Actors' Fund of America? The show is called "Seth's Broadway 101" featuring the hilarious Seth Rudetsky and a band of gypsies (Broadway-speak for chorus members) and amazing guest stars of the Broadway stage. I am one of the gypsies dressed in a blue two piece get-up that is so small that my mic pack has to go in my panties. The show was a huge success last year and was tons of fun. In fact, some of the pictures from last year are being used as publicity for this year, and because of Seth, I have made my first appearance in Next magazine, firmly anchoring my position as America's Next Top Gay Icon. I mention it here only because although there is no male shirtlessness in this show, there could be. The boys are quite fit, shall we say. I'm also taking notes so that one day, I can do an Actors' Fund Benefit called "Nandita's Shirtlessness 101." It's a dream. Help me make it come true.

For more information go to - http://new.actorsfund.org/performances/PAST_PERFORMANCES_AND_EVENTS_BY_YEAR/2008/SETHSBWY101

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree...JT has only got 4 minutes to hit the yoga mat and get that shirt off...
If Madonna can look that fierce at 50, JT's gotta sort that out...
I am mildly obsessed with the song, though. And I still can't stop watching the video and admiring Madonna's body and gorgeous face...

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I come to Justin's defense? I'm all for the cause (!) BUT sometimes, it has to be said, clothes are sexier than shirtlessness. Anyone who has been to a Chippendales show knows what I'm talking about...