Monday, April 28, 2008

IMS Alert - Possible Live Shirtlessness!

I have it from a very good authority, namely a friend who waited on him, that IMS Official Poster Boy 2007 is in New York. I will keep this post short because I have to go look for him and tell him to take his shirt off. At this point, I feel I have to take such extreme measures because I am certainly not getting any good shirtlessness on tv. None of my four stand-bys gave me anything this week. I think I saw a little bit of Jason Gedrick's torso during his fight scene with Tom Scavo last night, and that was about it. Even my guilty pleasure "Brothers & Sisters" did not use the opportunity provided by two scenes at the beach surfing to display good shirtlessness. Instead I was looking at Justin, Kevin, and Tommy in surfing suits sitting on the beach, talking. Dear ABC execs, please take note from the above photo of some good things you can do in a scene with a beach - ask your actors to take off their shirts and dip them in water. It's very good!

An update on the Broadway front - while no one took my nuanced and totally out of the box suggestion to have Zach be shirtless in the revival of "A Chorus Line," it does look like Mario Lopez is wearing some very tight shirts in his triumphant Broadway debut. Check him out! His muscle-y arms sticking out of the sleeves suggest very good shirtlessness, and his lines look beautiful. Hurrah!

Also, an update on the Ma-Yi Writers' LabFest which is going very well- I was there on Saturday night and delighted to find that not only are the plays all written by talented Asian American writers, but their casts seem to be multi-ethnic too. Who could have ever imagined such a thing in the theater? It was great! My play goes this Friday (sadly without shirtlessness, although in the full production, one character will enter the stage drenched), and I am both excited and scared about it. I need some shirtlessness to calm my nerves!

Until I find Mr. Craig, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: