Friday, April 25, 2008

No New Shirtlessness

Because I am - shall we say "chest-deep" in re-writes for my new Jane Austen play in which I have combined many of my interests but sadly not shirtlessness - I was only able to catch "Grey's Anatomy" last night while I cooked and ate my dinner, and I can only say that I was bitterly disappointed. Re-writing my play has caused me enough stress to stop sleeping, and I turned to GA for a little bit of shirtlessness to get me through. Is that too much to ask? Again, McSteamy with the zipped up jackets and such. What is going on? We have not had any new episodes in months, and this is what we waited for? I'm sad. If I write a play about shirtlessness (which at this point I may have to do to get some) it will feature shirtlessness in every single scene because I know how to give the audience what it wants. Grumble grumble...

I'd also like to take a moment to respond to the kind person who posted a comment. Thank you! It has been rather lonely on my blog lately, and I am happy to read comments. I must remind you that IMS is a forum in which to discuss instances of good male shirtlessness. I have made my two point standard for good shirtlessness clear in my March 24 post. However attractive you may find Kyle MacLachlan, he did not live up to the standard of fitness and seeing the sun. Jesse Metcalfe, however plastic you may find him, has met the standard on the show. (What he is like post-rehab is anyone's guess.) If you disagree with the standard, then please feel free to offer your own standard for good shirtlessness. I would prefer you not assault my taste, even if you do so in a cute "Grey's Anatomy/ER" kind of way.

Sorry about the pictures. I have no time for trolling the net this week. But if you would like to use your shirtlessness time which is so clearly being wasted these days on network television for seeing new plays, may I suggest checking out the Ma-Yi Writers' Lab LabFest which is taking place at the Abingdon Theater on West 36th Street until May 11th. Perhaps I am biased, being part of the Lab and all, but LabFest does feature some incredibly talented writers presenting their latest full-length plays. And in the white-washed world of theater today, how nice to know that there are so many writers of color doing their thing!

I'm saving Ugly Betty for when I finish the next draft and know that even if it disappoints in shirtlessness as ABC seems want to do, it will satisfy my laughing out loud quota. Thank goodness for small mercies. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: