Monday, April 21, 2008

No Thank You, ABC

Okay - imagine my outrage during "Desperate Housewives" tonight when I found out that the fabled male nudity that was to be featured in our precious few new episodes is no other than Orson, totally naked in a stupor at Susan's kitchen table. No ABC, no. Perhaps you have forgotten that "Desperate Housewives" was the show that launched the weekly shirtlessness fixation. Back in the day, I used to have happy feelings knowing that I would see Jesse Metcalf shirtless at least once a week. Now all I have is Orson? I waited three months for this? To sweet Kyle MacLachlan, I'm sorry to say that you displayed bad male shirtlessness when I know you just had to let it all hang out, but you did not uphold the two point standard. Meanwhile, where is Mike Delfino, and why bring back Jason Gedrick (Rick) if he's not going to take off his shirt? I am totally confused. The only thing that sustained me during the show was the Patrick Dempsey shirtlessness in the commercial for "Made of Honor." Check out the trailer , and you will see that obviously, a review of this movie will be be forthcoming.

The other saving grace of the evening was Steven Weber shirtless in a new episode of "Brothers & Sisters." Though brief, I thought that this episode made an excellent use of lighting to cover a possible breach in maintenance of the two point standard. It was sort of dark and sexy with lots of moving around which made it hard to tell if Steven Weber had seen the sun during the hiatus. I hope so. I also hope that he will continue to be shirtless in upcoming episodes.

So no pictures tonight. I'm certainly not putting up any shirtless Kyle McLachlan photos, and at this late hour I couldn't find an Steven Weber ones that didn't involve pantslessness as well. I must uphold the dictates of my blog! But I will leave you with the knowledge that I actually witnessed Steven Weber shirtless at BC/EFA Benefit a few years ago called Broadway Bares when another performer actually ripped his shirt off. He didn't seem thrilled that his tank top had been snatched from his body, but he was physically ripped. Let's remember that IMS is about voluntary shirtlessness and no one should be shirtless who doesn't want to be.

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kyle MacLachlan is the only genuinely good looking guy in that show, except Nathan Fillion. The others look like gross, plastic Ken dolls. Jesse Metcalfe? Ew. Seriously, get some taste. Stat.