Monday, June 2, 2008

Flying Shirtlessness

I think I have found the answer to the question, "Where can I find good male shirtlessness after the official television season is over?" The Trapeze School of New York. I took my first lesson yesterday and had a blast! The lesson was a birthday present for my friend Tina who is pictured above with me and our cute instructor Dallas. We were two sassy New York gals looking for adventure, and we got one! First off, for all of you IMS members, may I say that the instructors are shirtless and adhere to the two point standard of good shirtlessness. They were very fit from all their swinging around on the trapeze and had definitely seen the sun, also from swinging around on the trapeze. And here's the thing about this shirtlessness that's better than tv - it's live! Clearly, I am revealing my dating status when I say that it's been quite a while since I have been in the presence of good male shirtlessness, and two hours of running around on a rooftop with two shirtless men was enough for me to declare that summer is officially here and I am ready for more live shirtlessness!

Shirtlessness aside, I have to say it was one of the most fun things that I have ever done. Flying through the air is a wild and amazing experience, and I highly recommend it to everyone. The instructors are kind, everyone is harnessed in, and the atmosphere is very light. I got to do a knee hang, a back flip, a catch, and a split during my first class! The scariest part of the whole thing was putting your second hand on the trapeze and jumping off the board. The flying was really fun and freeing. I could wax metaphorical about how trapeze could parallel your life, but I will leave that for you to think about on your own. In the meantime, I have to figure out how to get back into class!

I'm off to Minneapolis tomorrow for a theater conference. I may not be able to post on Friday but will certainly give it the old college try. Until then, I encourage you to put your second hand on the bar of whatever fear you are trying to conquer and fly! I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nandita, you are beyond fabulous!