Sunday, June 8, 2008

Shirtlessness and the City

Sorry to have missed my usual Friday post, especially after getting such a fabulous comment. I was at the National Asian American Theater Conference right after attending the South Asian Theater Arts Movement Conference, both held in Minneapolis, and it was hard to find both the time and internet access to post. Hopefully this delicious picture found on another blog called Superherofan.net will make it up to you. And let me say that I am definitely a fan of superheroes and this blog.

Anyway, before I went to the Twin Cities, I did manage to catch "Sex and the City," and let me say that in spite of all the bad press and my own anxiety about being able to weather another Carrie/Big storm, I had a great time. I like the girls; I like pretty bags and shoes; I especially like good male shirtlessness. So this film really had it all for me. I did miss pithy male/female banter which is a total turn-on for the Jane Austen fan in me and in fact missed the men being allowed to speak at all, but if one movie a year does not allow men to talk, I think that may start to make up for all the films in which women have to say really stupid things like "You had me at hello."

Also, may I say that I caught a clip of M. Gilles Marini on the Today show this week, and he was so cute and charming even fully dressed that I may make him my summer fling. I'm a little bit embarrassed that I have already seen his penis, but I guess I will have to get over it. I like how he added a new element to good male shirtlessness that we haven't seen in a while - wet. Good move!

So now I have to figure out how to both see the movie again and take more trapeze all while rehearsing another production of "Man of La Mancha." This blogger takes her topic very seriously, though, and will make it happen. Until then, I am...

Your in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: