Monday, June 23, 2008

No New Pictures

Sorry folks, but as I am in technical rehearsals for the show that I am doing at the John W. Engeman Theater, I haven't had the time to dig up new photos for your enjoyment. Thank you to Tom, though, for the suggestion of Gary Cooper. It is intriguing, and I shall investigate. Thanks also for responding to my request. Your comments warm the heart of this blogger and make her feel a little less lonely in the ether!

When discussing the blog with some fellow actors this week, I have found some who want to start a counter movement called "White Males for Female Toplessness." My response is that said group already exists - it's called the Mainstream. I will stick to my guns on the activist component of IMS and say that while we primarily promote good male shirtlessness, we also encourage witty banter, the ability to make conversation, and active participation in household chores. I liked the "Sex and the City" guy much more after I heard him speak on the Today show. Members of IMS are about more than just a pretty torso, although a pretty torso is a good place to start.

With that I shall retire to get some sleep before I tech my "Moorish Dance" number tomorrow morning. Until then, I am ...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what no birthday shirtlessness to report? I'm hoping there will be some tale in your next entry. As far as classics, I seem to think Rock Hudson had some shirtlessness in one of his films? Couldn't tell you which, but a 50s barrel chest and one of the best faces EVER seems to ring true in my mind. Please find it! Please tell me it could be true. I mean since you will be doing investigating and all. yes, he was gay, but no one knew back then so it kind of doesn't count, at least not for IMS worship it shouldn't. lol
jonathan