Monday, June 30, 2008

Shirtless Pride

In honor of Gay Pride this weekend, I had to upload a shirtless picture of an out celebrity. I admire that Rupert Everett has been out forever and continues to do his thing, playing both gay and straight roles all the while demonstrating good male shirtlessness. It was hard to find a good picture of his shirtlessness, this being the best I could do after scanning 40 pages of a Google image search. But I like the confidence he exudes, knowing that his shirtlessness is good even if we can't see it.

Pride weekend usually coincides with my birthday which was last Tuesday, but something happened this year to make it a week late. Between the week shift and my hellish tech week, all the pride that this Gay Icon could muster was to lay on the couch and hope some shirtlessness would occur on "Law & Order" re-runs (which it did not.) But I am happy to report that some of the male members of my cast were able to make it to the parade after our matinee. One in particular demonstrated good shirtlessness in the van on the way to the theater because he didn't want to sweat in the shirt he was going to wear to the parade. So kudos for him for demonstrating not only gay pride but shirtless pride as well! These two things often go hand in hand, and honestly I can't complain. I do not discriminate based on sexual orientation.

Anyway, I'm still roving the internet for Rock Hudson and Gary Cooper. Any other suggestions are welcome. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: