Monday, September 29, 2008

Excellent Week of Shirtlessness

Continuing the trend of providing good male shirtlessness, DH weighed in with this new character last night, Jackson, played by Gale Harold. I'm glad that the show put some good old fashioned shirtlessness right up front. I must say that I do not care for Mr. Harold's haircut, but if he can make Susan happy, then fine. BTW, I think Teri Hatcher looked amazing in last night's episode. I definitely went into this premier skeptical about the whole skipping forward 5 years thing, but I will say that I really bought it. I was grateful that the opening monologue from Mary Alice did not contain the line "5 Years is a long period of time." I also thought that DH handled the passage of time much better than Thursday's "Ugly Betty." I liked the flashbacks scattered throughout the show better than the up front monologue to Betty's dead mother which was reminiscent of Kelly's famous "I choose me" speech from 90210. My favorite moment, however, was when the gay couple next door to Susan took pictures of a shirtless Jackson with their cell phones. They made me laugh, and I'm so happy that they are still on the show!

"Brothers & Sisters" has two weeks to get back to the good place for me. Not only did the premier not contain any shirtlessness at all (Ridiculous since half the episode took place at a beach house) but the storylines were all so dull and whiny. I'm sure that it must be difficult to be some rich white beautiful people in California as I learn every single week, but could someone crack a smile or look happy at any time other than right before making out with one's former half-sister? This show is testing my patience. Take off your shirts!

I was convinced to go to the final show of my friend's trapeze intensive at the Trapeze School of NY on Friday and once again was pleased with the amount of excellent male shirtlessness displayed by the staff. My friend was the only male in three classes of intensives, but all of the instructors were male and shirtless. On top of that, they played 80's music the whole time. Although I felt guilty about missing the debate, I have to say I was in a little piece of heaven on Friday night. And kudos to Andrew for his excellent tricks in the show. Maybe I need to go back to trapeze! Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say that I thought DH was going to kill off Mike when we saw him get into that car accident, and I thought that would be a small blow to good male shirtlessness on DH, but was totally happy that they didn't kill him off! It seems like we're totally on the same wavelength about this episode, because we share the same opinions on Terri, the whole 5 year thing, and the favorite moment!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that we are on the same wavelength! This DH really invigorated me for the season!