Friday, October 3, 2008

Slow Sophomore Week

I'll freely admit that I'm sold on "Heroes." Perhaps it is my need for superheroes in these uncertain times, my happiness at seeing a multicultural cast on network television, or the rumor that Milo Ventimiglia appears shirtless in almost every episode that has made me tune in two weeks in a row. I still haven't seen it, but here's a little taste of what it's supposed to be like. I think it might worth risking becoming the cat lady if this were guaranteed every Monday night.

So far this second week of the season has been very disappointing. No shirtless Milo, Sendhil, or frankly anyone on Heroes; no shirtless Eddie on UB; no GA whatsoever - a poor showing for the second week after such a promising start. I even watched "Private Practice" in hopes of seeing Tim Daly shirtless, but nothing. I'm glad that there was no shirtlessness, male or female, during the vice presidential debate last night. I will say that I did for the first time I understand why women of my mother's generation seem to have crushes on Senator Biden; I like his twinkly blue eyes. When Governor Palin talked about "Joe Six-Pack," I must admit I wondered if she meant men who drink six-packs of beer or men who have six-pack abs. I'm guessing the former since men who have six-pack abs most likely go to the gym which has recently been exposed to me as an elitist activity. Call me elitist! I'm hoping that DH will bring me some elitist happiness on Sunday night to make up for this dreary week. B&S, you have two episodes to turn it around. I am counting. I'll even take witty banter in lieu of good male shirtlessness.

ABC is running an ad campaign for "Stay-At-Home Week" for the second week in a row, and I'm beginning to wonder if they shouldn't just face the music and call it "Stay-At-Home-Recession." At this point, all I have to buoy my spirit is a glass of wine on Thursday nights while I try to will Eric Dane to take of his shirt between 9 and 10pm. It's not a lot to live on. I'm hoping that someone, even a member of the cast of Heroes, will be able to rescue my life savings. Soon. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: