Monday, October 13, 2008

Someone Give Me Shirtlessness!

Yesterday, in an attempt to take my mind off the economic crisis and the election, I went to a singles event. It was a walking tour of New York City which seemed like a fun activity for a beautiful Sunday afternoon. I thought it was a brilliant idea to engage in some interesting activity with other single people in hopes of finding a common ground. And that is exactly what I did with a group of single women. Now I really like single women; I am one. It just seems to me that if single straight women would like to find love, they should talk to single straight men. To be fair, there were three men in the group of 15. But I felt a little bit like Goldilocks in the group because one was too young, one was too old, and the other one seemed not to go to my church. What is a single girl to do?

After all that, I'll tell you there was no sympathy shirtlessness to turn to last night on DH or B&S, unless you want to count the 30 seconds of Olympic diving that Kevin and Scotty watched on their abnormally small tv after a little tiff about Kevin being closeted at work. What is this? I need some shirtlessness, and I need it now. My only comfort is that McDreamy will definitely be shirtless on Thursday, and not a minute too soon. And since I couldn't find a trailer for it, I give you the McSwimmy trailer, which I personally find hilarious. I fantasize about a show in which all the male doctors are hot and shirtless while the female doctors are allowed to talk about anything they want while performing life-saving procedures. This show used to be called "Grey's Anatomy," but now it's just a fleeting dream since they gave Eric Dane that annoying leather jacket. I'm holding on till Thursday when perhaps the dream will come back to life. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: