Monday, December 8, 2008

Suggestions for Shirtlessness

After yet another week of no shirtlessness, a fellow IMS member and I were discussing who should be shirtless on ABC and decided to make some helpful suggestions. IMS is nothing if not proactive. As you can see from the above collage, Tuc Watkins has extensive experience in shirtlessness from his days on "One Life to Live." He is able to cook, search the fridge, and drink a pitcher of orange juice, all while shirtless. I think his gay lawyer Bob on DH should be shirtless in an episode soon, perhaps while gardening or drinking a pitcher of orange juice. My personal second choice is Andrew. I think he is so cute in his new preppy persona, and I think perhaps he could start swimming to work out the stress of having Bree for a mother, boss, and wedding planner. Sincerely, though, kudos to ABC for showing Bree and Andrew's relationship develop and grow wih her acceptance of his sexual orientation. I was worried that the 5 year jump in time would gloss over this development.

As for GA, all I can say is "Code Black." There is an unexploded bomb on your show, and I have a feeling that when it blows it's going to take the whole show with it. I'm sad because I did enjoy GA so much, especially Patrick Dempsey's hair and Eric Dane's pecs and towel scenes, but this past week was really beyond repair. "Teach me?" Really? Denny has now officially had more episodes as a dead person than as a live one, and I think that this fact alone should give the writers pause.

Finally, last night I felt a strange uneasiness when both shows previewed future episodes that seem to feature gay male characters sleeping with women. Is this a joke? I am confused and concerned. It was bad enough when they made Callie sleep with both Sloane and Hahn to decide which one she preferred, but to make gay characters in established relationships suddenly jump into bed with women also in relationships really worries me. Orientation is not like picking a cookie for dessert. I'm going to hope that this was a trick of clever editing. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what if denny and karev end up both being gay and have a dual shirtless action scene? would that make us feel better about cookie picking sexuality on tv? maybe karev would have a heat to heart with denny and say: "dude. pick me. choose me. or i'll punch you."