Monday, December 22, 2008

Women's Choice Shirtlessness

During the Today show this morning, there was a segment on who men and women in America chose as the Sexiest Male and Female for 2008. Both Hoda and Kathie Lee seemed astonished that men and women would have different sexiest picks; I was not. So for all the ladies, I give you the female #1 sexiest star, Johnny Depp. I will also point out that men chose Hugh Jackman who was also People's Sexiest Man Alive. What does this say about the editorial staff of People magazine? Hmmmm...

One difficulty I have with Johnny Depp is that it is very hard to find a picture of him shirtless without a cigarette. If I were posing shirtless, I'm not sure that burning embers are the accessories that I would choose for the shoot, but to each his own. Please do not take the above picture as any endorsement of smoking; it is merely an endorsement for mature men who are fit and like to take their shirts off. Given that Jennifer Aniston is next to naked in GQ this month with her age emblazoned all over the article, I guess that the public is pushing the boundaries on how old you can be when posing nude. IMS does not endorse agism and is happy to see that now nudity over 40 is apparently gender neutral. Ms. Aniston only made it to this year's women's sexiest list which makes me wonder about the editorial board of GQ.

Anyway, Christmas is coming, and the weather has turn bone-chillingly cold here in New York. I don't anticipate any good male shirtlessness out and about for a few months for sure. I'm lucky that I'm going to LA next month for a few days in hopes of catching some good winter male shirtlessness there. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: