Monday, February 9, 2009

Federer, Take 2

I don't know what the problem was with the last picture that I posted of Roger Federer, but I hope that this one takes. Maybe he just wanted to be posted to my blog with a smile instead of a scowl. Tennis is a favorite of some IMS members, and so I thought I would do right by Mr. Federer and try again. Wait until soccer season!

I have caught up on all of last weeks required television and must say that I was wholly unimpressed with the GA- Private Practice "event." It seems to me that a show should be billed as an event when something highly unusual happens, like members of another show interact with the cast. The unusual action cannot be a phone call to someone on another show. It looks as though the actual crossover will happen next week. Frankly, I am not so sure about how much of an event next week will be either. But a shout out to Grey's for giving me some Jane Austen style furtive looks and secret touches underscored by tinkly piano music. These scenes made me giggle and reminded me that every show does not need to be hot and dirty in the call room. Also, thank goodness that Denny is gone.

Also, has anyone noticed that the ABC shows seem to be recycling their guest stars? The same man who played MJ's new principal in DH showed up again on B&S to offer Kitty a job. I know there are many actors in Hollywood looking for work, especially now when the threat of a strike is still looming and everyone needs their health insurance. Can we not have different sets of actors on these shows, or did I miss that last night was a special event on ABC as well?

I think February is making me cranky. I need some good new shirtlessness to perk me up. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my dear! How kind you are in a dreary winter to post Mr. Federer in his glory. so damn cute!

On a different note, I'm not sure what your Jane Austen play is (though she is funny and wonderful; and mea culpa for not being more in tune with your life), but I heard on "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" (on NPR) last week, that someone has written "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies", feeling that the undead aren't represented fully in Ms. Austen's work. It actually sounded pretty damn funny. "Will Mr. Darcy win her heart, or will the late lord Batterston tear it out of her chest and eat it?"

Nandita said...

Thanks Erick! There seems to be a new proliferation of Jane Austen pieces coming to the public eye these days as well as a sudden increase in roles for zombies. Perhaps my play will find a new life this year!