Friday, February 20, 2009

Oscar Shirtlessness

Of all the actors nominated for Best Actor this Sunday, I decided that Brad Pitt is the one I would most like to see shirtless, and judging from this still from Benjamin Button, I guess he follows our mantra in his Oscar turn. Hurrah! Sean Penn comes in a close second. I am seeing "Milk" on Sunday and perhaps will get a moment of that. Ooh, it just occurred to me that James Franco may be shirtless in the film, and now I feel a little bit happier! In any case, since no one from "Slumdog Millionaire" was nominated in this category, I have no allegiances. I know Mickey Rourke is favored to win and is shirtless in his movie, but I don't think I can endorse his shirtlessness at this juncture.

Last night found Ugly Betty in a locker room full of shirtless men which tickled me. Although I am the president of IMS, I sense that I would respond much like Betty in that situation, looking down and giggling nervously. One of our goals as an organization is to make the public more comfortable with good shirtlessness, and so I invite suggestions for how to further this portion of our mission. One really great thing about last night's episode was Betty's epiphany about fashion being a way that an artist can let what is inside show on the outside. Each artist uses a different medium, but I beleive that in the end every artist is trying to let what is inside show on the outside. That moment made me feel all warm and fuzzy about the theater, but only for a moment.

What is happening on GA? Izzy should sue Seattle's Grace Hospital because it is taking so long to diagnose her cancer. I guess now that Derek and Meredith are poised on the precipice of getting engaged, the writers have to fabricate all kinds of ridiculous drama. Often the drama emerges as a blond lesbian. I'm very disappointed. At least make Eric Dane take off his shirt while punching out Patrick Dempsey. It is the least they could do for their fans. And btw, last night's "event" was once again two separate episodes of two separate shows with one line of crossover dialogue. I could not even watch "Private Practice."

I'm off to get more comfortable with good shirtlessness in yoga class. My fingers are crossed for good shirtlessness on the Oscars. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: