Friday, March 13, 2009

Generational Shirtlessness

An IMS member was kind enough to send me this photo, and I post it because it highlights how one generation of good shirtlessness can influence the next. I like that Joe Montana, who is such a football legend that even I know who he is, encourages his son to maintain the two point standard of good shirtlessness, namely, fitness and seeing the sun. Look at them playing football together in the waves! It's really quite touching.

Last night's television left me mildly uneasy. UB was not quite as funny as I had hoped, although I have to say that I loved Wilhemina dancing around in her bra and furs and later declaring that she shall never go without champagne and caviar again. It's fantastic! I'm not sure how I feel about the new boyfriend. And sometimes I wonder how Betty's three years at Mode did not convince her that prints should not be worn together. But I'll take it compared to the train wreck that was GA. This Izzy cancer storyline is dragging on FOREVER. We all know that she released rather ungracious statements about the writers last year. Please write her off the show and get it over with. All I can say is that I hope they don't bring Denny back to accompany her to the pearly gates. Ugh! Also, I hate when McDreamy goes to the bad self-righteous place. It is not attractive. And opening the show with a shot of him in his pajamas with bad hair is very jarring.

I am off to Disney World with my mom for the weekend, and will not be posting on Monday. I need a break from the cold, the news, and my computer. But I look forward to what new good shirtlessness Florida may afford. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: