Monday, March 9, 2009

Prince of Shirtlessness


My shirtlessness source recently sent me a link to the Huffington Post about Jake Gyllenhaal being shirtless as the "Prince of Persia" in a new movie bearing the same name, and I have to say the pictures look very appealing. This movie is apparently based on a video game. I'm not allowed to make fun of any more sources of film scripts since I thought making a movie based on a Disney ride was dumb, and that movie scored Johnny Depp an Oscar nomination. So what do I know? In spite of the fact that I don't play video games or want to see movies about them and that I don't quite get how Jake will play Persian, I feel that I will most likely see this movie. The above picture of his muscle-y torso is reason enough to go. Also, he has a nice smile, dates a woman who is older than him (not that Reese is in any way old), and is actually a pretty good actor. Too bad this movie does not come out until 2010 which is also when the economy is supposed to recover. Hmmm...

No shirtlessness to report from last night, but I did enjoy both shows quite a bit. DH was fantastic with all kinds of catty action on Wisteria Lane. I am confused, however, about what happened with Dave, Mike, and Katherine in the woods. On the last new episode which aired a month ago, didn't it appear that Dave was luring them to a campsite in order to do something bad to them, like kill them? Did I miss the episode in which this plotline was played out? In any case, I am excited for Eddie to uncover the truth about Dave and for someone to figure out that he killed his doctor in the fire. And to the other housewives, I say keep it coming! I am loving everyone's storylines, especially Gabby facing off with the cheating haridresser in the mall. Of course, I want the gay couple to return to the mix, and I'm a little concerned that the teaser for next week featuring "I Kissed A Girl" means that ABC is resorting to its GA strategy of making every new character a lesbian in order to help ratings. I don't know how many straight men watch GA or DH, and so playing out the straight male lesbian fantasy on these shows seems like a waste of time to me. I personally think that more male shirtlessness would improve ratings. Try that! At least B&S is trying to bring it back by having Nora slap Tommy. My advice would be next time, have her hit him harder. That character is so annoying, he should get slapped once an episode.

Well, I will be heading to the home of ABC, Disney World, in a few short days and just can't wait. Although I doubt there will be very much good male shirtlessness there (Mickey Mouse does not count), I am happy to be a place where it will be warm and sunny. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: