Friday, March 27, 2009

Thanks GA!


Okay, the above picture is not a shirtless shot, but the actor, Kevin McKidd, was totally shirtless last night on GA and I felt like maybe the world was moving in the right direction again. Stock prices are rising and there is shirtlessness on Grey's Anatomy - maybe all will be well in the world. Now I realize that the Dow is down this morning and we won't get another episode of GA in weeks, but at heart, I am an optimist! Anyway, I was happy to see some shirtlessness last night even though it was part of a strange post-traumatic stress disorder storyline. Watching it made me realize how much I have been missing shirtlessness on the show, just like going to Florida made me realize how much I have missed the sun. Instead of looking for shirtlessness, I have been playing a game like "Where's Waldo" in which I try to note all the different ways the crew tries to hide Chyler Leigh's pregnancy on set. Last week they hid her behind other interns. This week she always carried a chart in front of her stomach. I wonder if we'll get to Marcia Cross proportions of putting a television in the the shot in order to hide her pregnant tummy. I'm sure lots of surgerys are in Lexie Grey's future so that she can always stand behind the operating table!

By the way, tomorrow is "Support Women Artists Now!" day, and I encourage everyone to participate in SWAN Day activities or at least support a project created by a female artist. Check out the Fund for Women Artists website for activities. The SWAN Day page features Sandra Oh. For my part, I am starting rehearsals for a workshop of a new play co-written by a woman. I'm thrilled to be part of a predominantly female creative team and to work on a project about the terrible conditions in the Congo.

I'm suffering from a terrible cold right now, and so that is all I can muster. I don't know what I am going to watch on Sunday night, but I hope it will feature lots of shirtlessness. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, just check your spelling, "ways" instead of "weighs"...Are you still Jane Austen now? haha...or are you trying to write like LeAnn Rimes?

Nandita said...

Perhaps I was trying to play on words since Ms. Leigh is obviously trying to hide how much she weighs! But thanks, "Anonymous" for always checking in on me.