Monday, March 23, 2009

Lifetime Shirtlessness

I am most disappointed to post the above picture today. First of all, the commercials for this Lifetime movie, one in a four part series of dramatized Nora Roberts' novels, look so dreadful. Second, there are a ridiculous number of rumors surrounding the two stars which seem to have become the number one reason to watch the movie, aside from those really well-meaning people who have been dreaming of LeAnn Rimes making her television debut as an actress. Sadly, this seems to be the only shirtlessness on tv this week. So at least, Eddie Cibrian is continuing his streak of at least one shirtless scene in every movie or television show he does. I applaud him for that.

Meanwhile, DH is so juicy! I can forgive the lack of shirtlessness because of all the fun the ladies of Wisteria Lane seem to be having. I am glad that the camping scenario was followed up several weeks later, but I am totally confused by Dave's sense of revenge on Mike since in the season opener, it appeared to be Susan driving the car. I am confused but willing to hold out till the end of the season for an explanation. I'm just sad that I have to wait until April 19th for the next installment. I guess I officially now wish that I got Lifetime.

A few weeks ago, I read that some execs at ABC ordered Rob Lowe to stop tanning because he was looking too dark. As an Indian person, I get a little prickly by the notion that there is a "too dark" look, and as an actor, I thought that perhaps there were other things to comment on Rob Lowe's performance of this past season than his tan. I would have said, "Could you please look like you are interested in being on this show." But alas, I am not an exec at ABC. Last night, I thought the ever-pale Calista looked unusually tan. Could they be trying to make these two actors match? Hmmm... of course, I can't complain too much because there is now an inter-racial baby on the show and Tommy appears to have gone forever. If only I wasn't sure that family will win out in the end and bring him back.

Once again I lament the 30 degree days of New York in the spring. This weather is killing our cause. I fear no one will take their shirt off in the city ever again. I think I'll do a little sun dance in hopes of coaxing it back into our part of the country. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: