Friday, September 18, 2009

Shirtlessness Index


A friend sent me this video about an iPhone app that seemed like it might be a hit amongst the IMS set. While the teaser video is obviously marketed towards a straight male clientele, it seems that the application itself might appeal to a different crowd. Imagine having a fit man take his shirt off on the screen of your phone every time the stock market crashed. It makes me wonder where this app was last October. Perhaps the sight of shirtless men would have eased the pain of watching my retirement shrink into a fund for ice cream after I am 70.

Anyway, my crazy theatrical life currently includes directing one show while choreographing another and then heading to another theater at night to perform in a short play. While all of this is going on, I stress on the subway about my new play that I have yet to finish but which will receive a reading on October 11th. I'm very disappointed because I've had to cut the shirtless character in my play. I am determined to write a shirtlessness play, but alas this one is not it. Needless to say, this IMS president is very busy and needs some sleep! Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: