Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy President's Day!

On this Presidents' Day, I think it is important for all of us at IMS to remember that even a President can contribute to the cause. Apparently this picture caused quite a stir when it appeared on the cover of the Washingtonian magazine last May. If a man who is managing two wars, dealing with bankers who think that a $9 million bonus is a sign of restraint, and lives with his mother-in-law can make time for fitness and seeing the sun, well, then, I think we all can. Admittedly the sun issue is more difficult in February, but taking a nice stroll on a snow covered street can do wonders for the skin.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, and I had a great day with one of my dear friends and fellow IMS members seeing the ironically named "Valentine's Day" movie and then stuffing ourselves with a great meal chez moi. I say the movie is ironically titled because in spite of the over-size superstar cast, there was almost no chemistry to be found anywhere in the film, and what is romance if not chemistry? Even the two stars who were supposedly dating during filming, the Taylors, did not generate much heat. That said, the movie did contain quite a bit of good shirtlessness, and I'm pleased to say that one thing Gary Marshall did get right was featuring Eric Dane shirtless for most of his storyline. There was even a shot of him coming out of the shower in a small towel. For a few minutes, I did feel that all was right with the world.

Another moment of happiness came later when I turned on the tv for a minute and stumbled upon a commercial for B&S featuring GILLES MARINI!!!! I don't know if anyone at ABC is reading this blog, but if you are, thank you! Now make him a series regular and make him take off his shirt! Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: