Monday, February 1, 2010

Shirtless Scotty

Last night was an amazingly good one for the cause of good shirtlessness since both shows featured some long awaited shirtlessness. DH at last found a reason for Danny Bolen to take his shirt off which then turned him into a worthwhile character instead of the confused and whiny teenager he has portrayed for the rest of the season, and B&S featured not just one but two shirtless scenes with characters who are normally not shirtless, one of which is the above featured Luke Macfarlane. Sorry that this week's picture is so small, but I had to use it once I found out that his fan website had actually launched a "shirtless Scotty" campaign using this picture. Apparently all the people on the site bombarded the producers with postcards about how Scotty should take his shirt off, and last night revealed the fruit of their hard work. You can check out the link to this campaign here. Note that it took almost 2 years for their goal to be achieved, reminding us at IMS that our work is not always immediately rewarded.

In any case, I had a really great night last night. After taking a terrific Shakespeare workshop over the weekend, I spent a few hours at a benefit for a play that some friends are producing and then returned home just in time to catch DH and B&S. I enjoyed three shirtless scenes as well as some fun plot twists and went to bed thinking, "Sometimes I can live my very best life!" I applaud B&S for not only having Rob Lowe stand around shirtless for absolutely no reason but for continuing to give him a scar for his surgery, proving that there can be shirtlessness even after near death experiences. I also like the continued use of three way calling on that show. Those are always my favorite scenes on B&S, and I wish they would use it in every episode. I only have one brother, but I feel that the way we talk on the phone is a metaphor for our communication style which is why those scenes are so resonant for me.

I am mad, however, that the commercial for B&S featured a flashback of a shirtless Gilles Marini that was not included in the episode. I wonder if we should start a letter writing campaign to bring Luc back. I'm sure he was not a 7.5. Hmmm.... Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: