Friday, February 5, 2010

Hints of Shirtlessness

I thought last night's GA was a really good episode in spite of the fact that we only got the tiniest hint of shirtlessness from Owen Hunt (Kevin McKidd) when he started to take his shirt of in the "vent room." Whether such a room exists in modern hospitals is rather dubious to me, and why any one would take off their clothes in such a place when surrounded by beds also questionable, but I liked seeing a little bit of his tummy before the commercial. It satisfied me. And I was tickled that there were consequences for taking one's clothes off in such a ridiculous location, although I would have preferred that Owen paid the price for his idea rather than Christina. Actually the scene that got me was Christina's monologue at the end. How many times have you ever had a little piece of yourself taken by someone else?

But I digress. Overall a good week for shirtlessness, and I'm glad because once the Olympics start, there will be no new shirtlessness on TV for weeks. I enjoy sport and frankly cry during any medal ceremony, but no one will take their shirt off in sub-zero weather. I'm more of a Summer Olympics gal.

Luckily, my friend just sent me a link to a blog that posts lots of shirtless pictures from a sister organization, the Hot Men Appreciation Society. Perhaps it is more correct to call it a brother organization? In any case, I'm pleased to see that IMS is not alone in the fight for the cause and am sure all of you will be too. February is a dark month for IMS, but we must all carry on together. As we do, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: