Monday, February 22, 2010

The Return of Gilles


Dear IMS members, this morning I wake up delirious with joy because Gilles has returned to B&S. A better decision could not have been made on this show. I literally was shouting "I love you, Gilles" at the beginning of the episode and then began to cry at the end. Word is that he is a series regular now. Thank you, ABC, thank you. I even had fun during DH last night in spite of the no shirtlessness and stripper storyline because the show got back to its roots with wry satire that is so clever, I suspect it passes right over the heads of most. Delightful! I'm not sure that I buy Katherine Mayfair switching teams this late in the game, but I certainly love pointing out what is smart and sexy about all of these women who are over 40. Hurrah!

So much time has been spent on this blog discussing the proper accessories to good shirtlessness, and recently an IMS member sent me the above video to highlight one accessory that has yet to be highlighted - scent. Indeed a good-smelling shirtless man is something that we all long for, especially in February. Another blogger friend posted this point on her blog and sneakily included shirtlessness even though the blog is actually about shopping. Clever, very clever. And thank you for spreading the shirtless message to new audiences.

Now I am off to do a happy dance to celebrate the return of Gilles before a reading of my Jane Austen play this afternoon. On a day like today, I believe that dreams really can come true. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: