Friday, February 19, 2010

A Point of Debate

Last night I went to a dinner party at which we debated whether D'Angelo was giving too much shirtlessness in his "How Does It Feel?" video. Here is a still from the video, and I have to say I wonder how it did feel to shoot this video buck naked for a very long time. The debate split down gender lines, interestingly enough, with the women thinking that it was too much. All three of us found his hip creases overdeveloped and felt uncomfortable looking at them. On the other hand, the men, both straight, thought that it was an amazing example of having a lot of cujones to shoot a video in this fashion. I leave it to you, fellow IMS members, to decide. Is there such a thing as too much good shirtlessness?

I wanted to post some Olympic shirtlessness today, but I have to say that it is very difficult to figure out who is a good IMS contender in winter sports. I asked a friend of mine who works at ESPN for suggestions, but the person he suggested is 19 and truly looks like child. I felt horrible trolling the internet for shirtless pictures of him. So I am open to suggestions. I have some Russian skaters as possibilities, but I'd love to kick off the Winter Olympic series with an American if possible. We'll see what comes up by Monday. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: