Friday, February 26, 2010

Olympic Shirtlessness

In honor of the most decorated Olympian of the Winter Games, I give you a very cute shirtless picture of Apolo Ohno. His impressive achievement and willingness to take off his shirt, plus his Dancing with the Stars win, makes me really admire this Olympian. I have barely watched any of the Olympics, but every recap that I watch in the morning reduces me to tears as I eat my English muffin. The Canadian skater who skated after her mother passed away literally had me weeping. I've cried more during these Olympics than any others, I think, starting with Opening Ceremonies with the Georgian team entering minus their luge team mate who died during a training run. This morning I have been spared the cry fest by the continuous coverage of the winter storm.

In any case, I'm hoping that more good shirtlessness will come my way this weekend. Now that Gilles is back, my heart is doing a happy dance towards Sunday. I'll be on a plane, flying home from a quick trip upstate to see mygrandmother, and I hope that I will be able to keep my exuberance under wraps while in a public space. Obviously, last week's shouting, clapping, and crying will not be appropriate. Sometimes, it is not easy to be the President of IMS. But I will carry on and continue to be...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: