Monday, May 31, 2010

Sadness and the City

So I saw the movie over the weekend, and I have to say that even more shirtlessness could not have helped this film. I was genuinely excited to have some fun on a Saturday afternoon in my Manolos and my party dress, and yet I emerged as bored as Ms. Parker and Mr. Noth look above. One of the main platforms of this blog (and may I say movement) is that good shirtlessness makes everything better. I shudder to think what SATC 2 would have been like without the Australian soccer team taking off their shirts at the pool. I don't think I have ever been more grateful for good male shirtlessness in my life.

My list of why I hated the film is long and not really to the point of what IMS is all about, and so I will only say that I don't understand why the entire cast talked so slowly. SATC the series was known for its snappy dialogue which made the pregnant pauses between every single line of the movie incredibly dull. To fill those pauses with conspicuous consumption and stereotypes of the Middle East did not help. I literally came home and watched some of my favorite episodes from the series to remind myself of why I went to the film in the first place.

On this Memorial Day, I am going to try to turn my mind from the 2 and a half hours of my life that I paid $13 to waste and think about how much I hope we will no longer be at war next Memorial Day. I wish for all of our soldiers to come home soon. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: