Friday, September 24, 2010

Shirtless Glee!

I may be the only person in America who did not see the season opener of "Glee" this week (well besides the other 4 people who were on a conference call with me), but my inbox was full after the airing with buzz about a shirtless hottie named Harry Shum, Jr. From what I can see, this young actor has already learned how to give good shirtlessness, and I like it! He is almost abnormally muscle-bound which in a strange way makes me proud of a fellow Asian thespian. Way to represent, Mr. Shum!

In other news, I love "Hawaii 5-0," and I love Alex O'Loughlin. Click here to see a profile of him on CBS. Mr. O'Loughlin speaks with his native Australian accent which is oh so sexy. My favorite part is his voice-over about how "naturally athletic" he is laid over a shot of him taking his shirt off. It's all good. Plus the banter with Scott Cahn appeals to my need for good dialogue. I have a feeling that "Castle" may lose out to the 50th state. If only the writers could write something interesting for the Asian characters, I would be completely happy.

Also speaking of sexy men with accents, I caught Gilles Marini on the Wendy Williams show yesterday. He was trying to make strawberry shortcake with her and became rather flummoxed when she sprayed whipped cream directly into her mouth. I love that Gilles can even make a talk show segment that has gone terribly wrong look adorable. I look forward to seeing him on B&S this Sunday where I believe that he will take his shirt off.

And finally, I enjoyed GA last night even thought no one took his shirt off. I will say that the new psychologist played by James Tupper would do much better if he conducted his sessions shirtless, but of course, I am biased. My favorite line from last night's opener was "Derek is the love of my life, but you are my soulmate" once again giving props to the power of female relationships. For all of the twistiness, I have to say that Meredith and Christina remain one of my favorite television pairings on air today.

Looking forward to Sunday. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: