Friday, October 1, 2010

Going the Distance for Shirtlessness

As I told you on Monday, I saw two movies over the weekend after not seeing any at all this summer. On Friday, I saw "Easy A," and on Saturday, I saw "Going the Distance" with Justin Long and Drew Barrymore. Part of what drew me to this film was the fact that it was directed by a woman who went to my high school, Nanette Burnstein, and I was very excited to support an artist coming out of my school. The film is not amazing, but I was impressed with some of the things that Ms. Burnstein choose to depict in a big budget Hollywood film, namely casual drug use and self pleasure via phone sex (look out Christine O'Donnell!). Most astonishingly, Mr. Long sported extensive shirtlessness without Ms. Barrymore having to take her shirt off at all. I think we saw her in her bra once but obstructed by Mr. Long's shirtless torso. I would say that this is a reason to hire more female directors in Hollywood, particularly ones who went to my high school. Brava!

In other news, I'm pleased to report that Bailey found a new take on our mantra here at IMS in last night's episode of GA - "Get your shirt off!" I liked it. I'm still enjoying the Meredith and Christina bonding, especially the way Derek has to deal with it, and I feel sure that the new psychiatrist is close to taking his shirt off on the show as well. This all makes me feel hopeful that GA will continue on a good track this season. As long as no one makes Eric Dane wear a turtleneck as he waits for Lexi, I will be happy.

I started a new play that I feel certain will contain shirtlessness, and so I'm feeling like I am continuing on the right track as well. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: