Monday, October 4, 2010

Overlooked Shirtlessness

I'll admit that I have not paid much attention to Carlos on DH, possibly because I'm not a huge fan of facial hair, but I'd like to say that since shaving, Ricardo Chavira has leaped to the forefront of my list of men to take off their shirts on the show. Move over Brian Austin Green, Mr. Chavira will give you a run for your money! I hope that Carlos and Gabby get over their grief soon, and that perhaps Carlos will comfort Gabby by taking off his shirt. I know that if I found out that my child had been switched at birth, I would be greatly comforted by a shirtless, beardless Ricardo Chavira giving me a hug. And is it just me, or is Brian Austin Green's shirtlessness just not that exciting? I'm glad that the show is returning to the shirtlessness every week standard, but I have to say that I was not so impressed with it last night. Perhaps after being a connoisseur of shirtlessness for several years now, my standards have become impossibly high. Hmmm... I guess I'll just have to keep curling up with H 5-0 for my weekly fix of good male shirtlessness.

In other surprising news, I need to give a shout out to the Ma-Yi Theater Company's production of Michael Lew's "Microcrisis" for its dose of unexpected shirtlessness. IMS members know that I have come to hope for shirtlessness in almost every show or play I see, but honestly, I didn't see it coming in a play about the financial crisis. But somehow, shirtlessness found its way into the scene transitions to hilarious effect, and I was truly astonished by this clever and effective use of male shirtlessness. Bravo to Mike, director Ralph Pena, and the game assistant stage manager who took off his shirt in the name of telling a story even in scene breaks. In addition to using shirtlessness well, the production is absolutely hilarious with a top notch cast, and I encourage all IMS members in the New York area to run to see the show. You can get more information and tickets by clicking here.

I can't really comment on B&S due to the absurdity of the Sally Field lesbian storyline, and so I will just look forward to watching H5-0 tonight where shirtlessness is sure to mix with water and witty banter, just the way I like it. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: