Sunday, August 14, 2011

Crazy Stupid Good

Today was my day off, and I went to see this movie with a couple of my cast mates. We loved it! Ryan Gosling's abs were worth the price of admission, undoubtedly. Mr. Gosling also wears a suit quite well. He is also a good actor. I think I love him! But seriously, this movie made me cry in a good way, you know that "maybe there is such a thing as true love" kind of way. I cried in the "those abs are so good" kind of way, too. Overall, a totally satisfying afternoon at the movies. What's funny about watching a movie with New Yorkers outside of New York, is that we laugh at a lot of things that no one else laughs at. This makes me wonder if perhaps New Yorkers are not as miserable as the rest of the country seems to think we are. Hmmm...

In any case, the moment of truth is almost upon me. The actor playing Rocky will take off his shirt in tech this week. Now that I know him better as a person, I can confidently say that he possesses one of the best accessories to shirtlessness, kindness. He is in fact one of my favorite actors in the production. This makes me even more delighted to be working with him in a shirtless state for the next three weeks. If only we could figure out how to throw some water on him in the show, then he would have all my favorite accessories to shirtlessness! But alas, we can't always get what we want. I'm just happy that I'm at last in a show that features unabashed shirtlessness after a season of Shakespeare done in period costumes and several productions of "Man of La Mancha" where everyone was fully dressed and dirty because we were playing prisoners of the Spanish Inquisition. It's good to be playing a space alien! I continue to be...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: