Friday, August 19, 2011

Happy Opening Night!

Tonight is the Opening Night of "The Rocky Horror Show" at the Hangar Theatre, and with 4 days of tech for this massive show, I am a bit fried. Thank goodness for the good male shirtlessness in the show which has made even the most tedious of lighting cues pleasant. Our Rocky has made tech more enjoyable not only with his excellent shirtlessness but his kind attitude and team spirit. For those people who think that theater kids don't participate in team sports, think again. Putting a show together is an enormous team effort, and a show like Rocky Horror in which even the ensemble has multiple costume changes and every number needs rock concert-like lighting truly requires drill team precision. So tech was certainly enhanced by the excellent physique and even more excellent temperament of our titular character.

In the crunch to get the show up, I have turned to IMS' beloved secretary for shirtless pics, and she has not let us down. She's kept me up to date on "True Blood" which I can't watch because I don't have HBO and am slightly afraid of the pantslessness, and she suggested Alexander Skarsgard for today's post. While I tend to find vampires too pale for the 2 Point Standard, Mr. Skarsgard does a good job of remaining pale while appearing to have seen the sun at some point in his mortal life. And the abs are not bad either!

Wish me luck tonight! I realized that at last one of my IMS dreams has come true, to be in a show that prominently features good male shirtlessness. Ahhh... the good life! I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: