Monday, August 22, 2011

The IMS Seal of Approval

I realize that the latest posts have been making IMS sound like the "I love Rocky" blog, but looking at the stunning Andrew Madsen who plays the titular character of the "Rocky Horror Show" at the Hangar Theatre (until September 3, in case anyone was wondering) can anyone blame me? I asked the divine Mr. M for some of his modeling shots which he provided to me in an email that declared he felt like a jerk for sending me pictures of himself. Obviously, he is not a jerk but merely a gentleman for providing me something that I sincerely asked for, unlike certain former Congressmen from New York, but I digress. Mr. Madsen was even kind enough to send me several shots so that I would could choose my favorite and offered me several choices with pants since he knows how I feel about pantslessness. [Pantslessness is for private.] This photo is just so ridiculous that I had to post it; he looks superhuman. And he is so kind that I don't even mind that at no point in the show does anyone douse him with water.

Given the above photo, I believe it is evident that the show is going well. On opening night a friend told me that she heard someone audibly say "thank you" when Magenta and Columbia ripped Rocky's mummy costume off. We are bringing good male shirtlessness to Ithaca, and people are happy. They like the rest of the show too. We've had raucous applause after the Time Warp, lots of shout outs at all the principals, and props abound throughout the show. My personal favorite is the waving lights during "Over at the Frankenstein Place." People stay and dance after the show, and after only one weekend of performances, I've been stopped at the gym and at restaurants several times by people telling me how much they enjoyed the show.

I'm so grateful to be in a show that features good male shirtlessness and entertains, that I don't really have anything else to say. The only thing that makes it even better is that several of the roles have been cast non-traditionally and no one seems to bat an eye at an Asian Frankenfurter or Dr. Scott, or even the small Indian phantom creeping around on stage for that matter. Sigh. Life is good. I'm off to explore a gorge where perhaps someone else will take his shirt off. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

1 comment:

JC said...

He is so cute! Please send pantless pic! LOL!