Friday, November 11, 2011

Urgent Shirtlessness

I received a voicemail from the Vice President of IMS last night with an urgent message - go see "The Immortals!" I'm not a big fan of violent movies, but the VP knows that I am a big fan of Henry Cavill, pictured above, who apparently spends of a lot of time in the film without a shirt. With all those muscles on his stomach, I'd say that was a very good choice. Mr. Cavill had me at "Good day" in the Tudors, and I thought I was going to have to wait for Superman to see him again. Oh happy day to know that not only is he coming to a theater near me this weekend, but also coming to it in 3D! I don't even like 3D movies, but this one could change my mind. And the VP who went to a sneak peek screening last night, offered to go with me again!

Also, it appears that Mr. Cavill's love interest is Freida Pinto which adds an added layer of intrigue to the film. I'm always happy when movies based on mythology make the bold choice of opening the casting to all races. I have never understood why movies set in made-up places tend to be so homogeneous in their racial make-up. Lord of the Rings, anyone? In any case, this film appears to have a multicultural cast with many men who seem primed for shirtlessness. I have a sense that when my family is driving me crazy over Thanksgiving, this may be the movie to make everything better.

In any case, knowing that good shirtlessness is out there makes the world a better place. I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: