Monday, July 28, 2008

Following Instructions

Here is a picture of Shemar Moore following the instructions of an IMS member who must have been shouting our mantra, "Take Your Shirt Off!" at him. See how he complied with a smile! I am really enjoying Shemar Moore, and I hope so are you!

This weekend, I have been obsessed with a movie I got from Netflix called "Dangerous Beauty" about 16th century Venetian courtesan, Veronica Franco. I rented it because it took place during the Inquisition which is also when "Man of La Mancha" is set and has a great trial scene in it. You could say that I was continuing my research for my current project. While the movie is a fictionalized version of her life, you all know that I am a sucker for a good costume drama. Also, there is some lovely male shirtlessness given by an Italian model and by Rufus Sewell. Mostly I was compelled by the story of a woman who makes the most of her limited options to gain power and influence in a male dominated world. She was a poet who used of love poetry to expose the plight of women and to argue against the system. A woman who uses a fluffy form of writing to make a rather political statement is, of course, a woman after my own heart!

I leave you now to explore whether yelling our mantra can have as positive effects as demonstrated above. Wish me luck!

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: