Friday, August 1, 2008

Goodbye Show Boyfriend

My show closes this weekend after a lovely 6 week run, and I have to say farewell to my show boyfriend, David Gandy. At the theater, we call him Fabrizio. This is the actual picture that is stuck to my mirror minus all of the extra stuff like the boat and the cologne. I may bring him home to hang up on my bathroom mirror, but a fellow IMS member has threatened to take him if I do that. So this weekend may be it for us. All I can say is "Didn't we almost have it all, Fabrizio?"

Show boyfriend aside, I will be sad to see this show close. It has been a fantastic experience with a fabulous cast of really kind, generous, and wonderful people. I have been lucky enough to do this show twice with the same creative team, and both times have been an incredible joy. And I have to admit that "Man of La Mancha" gets me all teary-eyed every time. While I think the show has a powerful message for everyone, it really touches me as an actor working in a field that may never recognize all the effort and faith it takes to continue. Those of us who are in this crazy business have to believe in the Impossible Dream at least a little bit every day, and getting to do a show about it has turned out to be incredibly meaningful.

Of course, the other Impossible Dream is a world filled with good male shirtlessness. I hope this blog can help us all further this dream, a little bit every day. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: