Monday, May 11, 2009

Continued X Shirtlessness

Continuing with the shirtless men in "X-Men Origins" series, here we have Taylor Kitsch who played Gambit in the movie. I don't remember him taking his shirt off in the movie, although I think I was just so generally perplexed by his storyline that I may have missed it. Looking at this picture, I think it's clear that if he didn't take off his shirt, he should have. I can't even bring myself to look up his birthdate for fear of feeling dirty for even looking at this picture. I will say the veins on the lower half of his body scare me a little bit. I know it's not in the Two Point Standard, but bulging veins are not a hallmark of good shirtlessness. And to make clear to some of my fellow writers' lab writers, I do not think that good male shirtlessness takes the place of a good plot.

In this tradition, I will say that I enjoyed DH in spite of its recent lack of shirtlessness because the stories are really fun right now. I have been wondering for weeks if anyone misses Mike and Susan as much as I do, and I guess the answer is yes - the writers. I am excited for a juicy season finale, and if someone or several someones take off their shirts, all the better!

I'm still mad at B&S for bringing back Tommy and making us watch him cry on Sally Field's shoulder to sad music. Bring back Carlos de la Fuente! Maybe next season, Kevin and Scotty will celebrate thier anniversary by taking their shirts off with Jason Lewis. Now that would be a good episode! Thankfully I have a whole summer away from the ridiculous melodrama of this show. I need to find some thing to fill my dedicated shirtlessness time on Sunday nights for the summer and am open to suggestions. Now that I have finished Season 2 of the Tudors, I don't know where else to turn. Please send some alternatives soon! Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: