Monday, May 4, 2009

Multiracial Shirtlessness

So I wound up seeing "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" this weekend as part of a birthday celebration, and the birthday boy mentioned that he would have liked to see the actor who played Agent Zero shirtless. So happy birthday, Alex! Daniel Henny played Agent Zero in the film and has quite an array of shirtless pictures. Now I am sad that he didn't take off his shirt too. I'm not exactly sure what this white thing is that he's wearing, but he certainly does uphold the Two Point Standard. Also, in all the articles that I have read about him, much is made about his biracial background, and I can't help but wonder if all this interest in multiracial origins has anything to do with a certain prominent biracial person who lives in the White House. This spring I have noticed a sudden surge of plays about people with multiple ethnic identities along with more talk shows about the topic, including a ridiculous episode of Tyra. I hope this interest can keep pushing our culture not to judge a book by its cover. Yes, ironic, coming from the president of IMS, but alas, good shirtlessness is only one aspect of a man, and I know from firsthand experience that sometimes it only serves to cover up something ugly inside.

As for the movie, it didn't make much sense, but it deliver quite a bit of good Hugh Jackman shirtlessness. I'll say that I think he is almost too fit in this movie, because the muscles at the base of his neck look like they are going to explode. But in spite of this, I still clapped when he appeared on screen shirtless for the first time. I was worried about being disruptive until the woman behind me decided to start talking to him, saying things like "I am so jealous" and "Mmm-hmm" every time he showed up. Given that the movie is subtitled "Wolverine," you can imagine that it was an extended conversation.

Finally Ryan Reynolds showed up shirtless again, and I will say that he is growing on me. His arms are crazy, and he should probably always be shirtless in at least one scene of every movie he makes. Since the weather is rainy once again (I'm beginning to feel like I live in Seattle) and all of my shows want to pursue serious storylines instead of shirtless ones, I realize that this is the only shirtlessness I will be seeing for a while. Good thing it was on a giant screen!

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

1 comment:

nora said...

hello daniel henney...