Friday, May 22, 2009

IMS Official Poster Boy 2009

Of course, I was sad on Tuesday night when Gilles Marini lost to Shawn Johnson on DWTS. Not only was I sad because he didn't win, but I was miserable because the finale took three hours! Way to drag out the show and make more money ABC! I had to re-write my latest play that night and wound up working on it from midnight to 2am, all because of DWTS! Not only that, but Gilles did not take off his shirt for any of the entire three hours. So at 10:59 when I was practically passed out on my couch and they finally announced the winner (BTW, what is up with the 3 minute pause before announcing anything on that show?), I started to get teary. Gilles did not miss a beat in congratulating Shawn as soon as they said her name, and I have to say that I loved him even more. So for that Gilles, you are named IMS Official Poster Boy 2009. Thanks for raising the bar of good shirtlessness to include gentlemanliness and a sexy accent.

As I trolled the internet to find out how the new poster boy was taking the loss, I found out that he was happy. And now so am I, because Gilles is set to join the cast of "Brothers and Sisters!" Hurrah! Us Magazine reports that he is signed to an undisclosed number of episodes next season to play Sarah's new lover. And yes to IMS Vice President, I am personally vindicated that Sarah, the older sister career gal who seems to take care of everyone in her family, is getting to hook up with another sexy DWTS runner up. This means that no matter how whiny everyone else gets next season, there will always be some shirtlessness to smooth it over.

Sometimes dreams do come true! Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: