Friday, May 8, 2009

Deadpool Shirtlessness

Last night at my writers' lab, the discussion turned to "X-Men" and everyone's disappointment with the movie. But all those who were bonafide X-Men fans did express an interest in the Deadpool movie that is supposed to come out. I thought Ryan Reynolds was ripped in Origins and would definitely see another X-Men movie if I thought he would be shirtless throughout the film. After all, the Deadpool outfit (do you call them costumes on mutants?) did not involve a shirt. The scary sewed up mouth thing was a bit much for me, but I could survive by focusing on the torso. Just saying. Who knew that boy-next-door Ryan Reynolds was ripped like this? Apparently, Scarlett Johannson.

I didn't watch last night's shows because of lab, and there was no shirtlessness on DH or B&S that is worth reporting. Most depressingly, I realized at the end of B&S that Tommy will be found this weekend. I hope that someone takes off their shirt in that episode to make up for what is sure to be a gooey mess of emoting by all of the actors on that show.

Today, it is finally sunny and approaching spring-like weather. I won't place any bets, but maybe I will leave my furry sweater at home today. Soon there will be shirtless men, sweating all over New York when we get hit with the humid summer. Let's all hope that IMS will have had some impact and that the shirtlessness will be good. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: