Monday, October 5, 2009

Indian Shirtless By Request



Okay, so hot new desi rapper Jay Sean is not shirtless in the picture, but I think his arms let us know what kind of shirtlessness he is giving. If there are any doubts, please check out his latest video for the single, "Down." A friend sent it to me out of excitement for an Indian artist out there crossing over into the mainstream, and the opening sequence of "Down" suggested to me that he be posted immediately. I have received complaints that I don't post enough Indian men, and so for all of those out there who are more interested in the "Indians" than the "shirtlessness" in IMS, here's one for you.

I had a very long day yesterday and only made it though DH last night. I watched the opening sequence of B&S and the combination of Kevin's bad hair and Kitty crying made me think that I would have to save it for another day. Also, I have seen no signs of Gilles Marini. I need him to be on the show next week and shirtless in at least two scenes.

The good news from the day that kept me from my shows was that my new play seems to be coming along. I'm very excited to have a reading of "How to Get Rid of The Wife" at Theater for the New City next week as part of Ma-Yi's LabFest and the larger National Asian American Theater Festival. It's exciting to be part of a large group of artists producing new work, and hopefully lots of people will come out to support some theater created by people other than white men. Not that I don't like white men, but other people have something to say too! Sadly, no shirtlessness in this one, but I am still working on it. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was an awesome post! I love this song...and Jay is ripped! I am totally crying...in my Balenciaga bag...