Monday, November 9, 2009

Grumpy IMS President

I think you all know at least one reason as to why I am grumpy this morning. Gilles Marini was only in one scene on B&S last night, that too a long shot with all his clothes on. Why would anyone waste his talent so? At least give us a little kiss and cuddle on the couch and a chance to hear his sexy accent. There was even a benefit dinner where he could have shown off some of his sexy dance moves. I am totally confused. It looks like Luc and Sarah are breaking up next week, and I am just really disappointed in how the 2009 IMS Poster Boy could be so under-utilized. Grrr...

This disappointing episode came on the heels of sitting through a series of readings which prominently featured lesbian subplots. I'm all for everyone being able to express themselves, but I raise an eyebrow when three of five short plays written by straight men feature lesbian plot lines that involve on stage make-out sessions and long discussions about one's private parts. Something does not seem quite right.

At least I did get some shirtlessness on GA with Alex's bare-chested kangaroo hold plot line. He still really bothers me as a character, but I have to hand it to anyone who can film most of his scenes shirtless. Even McSteamy has not given us that much shirtlessness in one episode. And of course, I loved that Bailey was the one who delivered the IMS mantra "Take your shirt off!" I'm going to hold off on commenting too much on the fact that Callie and Arizona were wearing copious amounts of pink lipstick even when waking up to ringing pagers in the middle of the night (see above); just, I find it weird.

I'm going to hope for the best for next week. Even if Luc does have to leave the show, I hope his exit scene will feature him ripping off his shirt and running out the door. It would only be fitting. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: