Monday, November 16, 2009

Need New Shirtlessness



Last night I found myself on the phone with the vice president of IMS for most of B&S because I just couldn't make it through the show alone. Granted I was happy that two people had taken their shirts off on DH which has been a shirtless wasteland for a while, but the travesty that followed was quite a blow to me. Honestly, how could any one in their right mind give more air time to Ryan than Luc? What is anyone thinking? I am really distraught that ABC signed a 5 episode deal with Gilles Marini that apparently involved him not speaking or being seen for three of those episodes. After weeks of knowing that he is living with Sarah but never seeing him with her, last night we discovered that she is really mean and foolish and a shrew which is, of course, the most common portrait of women over 40 in the media. I am disgusted.

So after the show, I asked the VP to suggest some new shirtlessness to me since I don't even have the heart to post dear sweet Gilles this week, and he obliged me with Ian Somerhalder who is on "The Vampire Diaries" on the CW and was formerly on "Lost." Obviously this man knows something about shirtlessness and is on a show that allows him to use his skills. Thank you CW.

I am going to have to cry into my tea for the rest of the morning over wasted opportunities for shirtlessness. Then I will find out when "Vampire Diaries" is on and hope that the vampire bit does not prevent the actors from actually seeing the sun. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: