Monday, November 30, 2009

Too Late Brothers & Sisters

I start my Italian class today, and in homage of that fact, I am posting a nice shirtless ad for an Italian fragrance. Also, I got nothing last night except for a picture of shirtless Gilles on a computer screen for 3 seconds. Really? We are going to show shirtless pictures of Gilles after he leaves the show? This is terrible. I'm disappointed in B&S, not only for squandering their excellent opportunity to be a leader in good male shirtlessness with Mr. Marini, but also for throwing away any and all opportunities to have in depth discussions of any of the myriad of issues that they raise. Kitty's cancer treatment seemed to consist of one trip to the chemotherapy center. Luc left before we could even see what it would be like for Sarah to be vulnerable. Nora has hot shower sex before we even see her navigate her own issues with having a boyfriend the age of some of her children. And now we are leaping into a wedding and pregnancy which will no doubt be undone in one episode next week without exploring how people navigate unplanned pregnancies in their relationships. Boo, B&S. The only positive things I can say about last night's episode is that I liked the phone call scene and I was grateful that Ryan was not on the show.

I'm just hoping that my Italian teacher is male and shirtless to make up for my disappointment. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: