Friday, November 6, 2009

Wishful Thinking

When I came home from my writers' lab last night, I realized that I had not programmed the correct channel on the VCR and instead had an hour of Yankees victory coverage recorded on NY1. This was not what I had planned. So I have no idea of what happened, although I'm sure that there was shirtlessness from the commercial. I hope there was more where that came from and spread out among the fine doctors of Seattle's Grace Hospital. The vice president of IMS and I recently discussed how we wished that the new import from Mercy West, Dr. Jackson Avery, played deliciously by Jesse Williams, should take off his shirt soon. A little bit of internet research revealed that Mr. Williams does have shirtless experience as shown above from a production photo of Edward Albee's "Sandbox" at the Cherry Lane Theater two seasons ago. How I wish I had seen this production! In any case, he is clearly very good at shirtlessness, and I think that his character on GA could benefit from his experience.

I have high hopes that this weekend will prove a better use of Gilles Marini's experience on B&S and that there will be both shirtlessness and dancing on Sunday night. I have come to realize that Gilles plays the ultimate female fantasy on that show, a hot man who does things like listen and make lunch, and after years of sitting through many male fantasies on television and movies, I do not think 5 shirtless episodes of B&S is too much to demand. Really! Tomorrow I have one of my female fantasy plays getting a reading at the Bleecker Street Theater. In it a young man fresh out of college pursues his older and more senior co-worker by observing her, doing things to make her life easier, and threatening to take his shirt off. I'm committed to writing a play with shirtlessness by this time next year in response to the number of man-boy plays with lesbian sex subplots I am continuously subjected to. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: