Monday, January 25, 2010

Austonian Shirtlessness

Since there were no new episodes of DH or B&S on last night, I decided to indulge in my other passion, Jane Austen, by watching the first part of the four-part miniseries of "Emma" airing on PBS. While I am a huge fan of Miss Austen and have been known to watch all six hours of the BBC "Pride and Prejudice" when I have a bad day, I must say that I do not think any adaptation of "Emma" needs to be eight hours long. I enjoyed the first two, but doubt I'll make it through the rest. That said, I did enjoy the above pictured Jonny Lee Miller in his turn as Mr. Knightley. Apparently he was shirtless on Broadway this fall in "After Miss Julie," and I think I am a little bit sad for missing it.

The weather is absolutely dreary in New York today, and I can already tell that it will be a bad week for good shirtlessness. One needs the sun for good shirtlessness, and I don't think there is any to be found here. Thank goodness for vitamin D tablets and the internet. I'll continue to troll the shows for something to report, but the outlook is bleak. Sometimes the work of IMS President can seem impossible. But I will carry on, and I hope you will too. Until the next time, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: