Friday, January 29, 2010

Austonian Shirtlessness, Part 2

Since Jonny Lee Miller was pulled off the blog over the week, I thought I should probably give you all a dose of the original Austen hunk, Mr. Colin Firth. Although he was not shirtless in "Pride & Prejudice" (and it would have been very anachronistic for him to be), he did oblige us with a shirtless scene in Bridget Jones 2. That movie made me very uncomfortable with the storyline which took place in a Thai prison and had Bridget showing her benevolence by giving all the inmates bras, but at least I had a momentary glimpse of something I'd been imagining ever since Mr. Firth emerged from the lake dripping wet back in 1995. Sigh. Granted Mr. Firth had not seen the sun prior to shooting this scene, but I'll give him points for being there. It's not very sunny in England.

It's not very sunny in New York these days either. Between the freezing weather and the lack of any new shirtlessness on television, I feel I may be suffering from seasonal affectation disorder or SAD. Luckily I have another disc of the Tudors and research on a sun lamp to keep me going. There are new episodes coming on Sunday, and the last B&S trailer made it look like Luc might come back. If even for one shirtless minute, it would totally be worth it. Sigh.

I'm working on my Jane Austen play again, getting it ready for a round table at a rather reputable New York play development center. I'm still grappling with how to get one of my love interests to take off his shirt, but alas, there are no easy solutions. Sometimes, the mantle of shirtlessness is difficult to carry. I will carry on, however. And as I do, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

1 comment:

Austonian said...

Hello,

I have been visiting various blogs for my dissertation research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information...