Monday, January 18, 2010

Golden Shirtlessness

Congratulations to Robert Downey Jr. for his Golden Globe, awarded for a film in which he was shirtless quite a bit. His irreverent speech last night made me appreciate him even more I have always loved Robert Downey Jr. since I first saw him in "Less than Zero" along time ago. He broke my heart in the 90s with his stint on "Ally McBeal" when he breathed fresh life into a dying show only to be fired for drug use. I'm so glad that he is in on the upswing, doing great work, and offering some good shirtlessness for the Oscar season. Hurrah!

So last night I laid on the couch to watch my shows and flip to the Golden Globes during the commercials. I saw MoNique's speech which had me crying within the first 3 seconds and RDJ's speech. It seems that all the networks run commercials at the same times, however, and so I didn't quite get as much of the Globes as I thought I would. But after watching the harrowing story on "60 Minutes" about Haiti, I really needed the escape afforded by Wisteria Lane. On that note, please do consider giving to Haitian relief. It is such a desperate situation, and there are many ways to give including through a telethon that George Clooney has organized this Friday. I was happy to read that several stars, including my hero, Meryl Streep, did mention the disaster even as they received their awards, and I hope that everyone at IMS will continue to support this cause as well.

Last night did not provide me with any therapeutic shirtlessness. When Nora tells Sarah that her new crush seems to be everything that Luc wasn't, I moaned "Bring back, Luc" from my supine position on the couch. I couldn't be sure from the preview of 2 weeks from now, but it seems like they might. Oh, please, B&S, give me some reason to justify watching the show. I like that Gilles Marini is now the voice of Stella Artois beer and I can hear him at least once an hour, but I'd really like him to come back to Sunday nights and take his shirt off. Until then, I am...

Yours in shirtlessness,
Nandita
President
IMS

No comments: